Friday, December 17, 2010

Who Do I Take After...

In my culture, it is a very important issue "who the baby takes after?"..If we hear that there is a new born baby , one of the first questions is if the baby takes after the mother or the father or even the grandparents. We feel very proud and very happy about it.


And as the baby grows up it becomes more significant if his personality takes after his mother or father.


When I look at my pictures, I get scared sometimes because I look like both of my parents so much and I do take after both of them, physically and personally.


It must be a joy and honor having kids like you: Talks like you, walks like you, sounds like you, dislikes similar things like you do.


As their child I realise that I am also rejoicing and I feel honored for taking after my parents: Talk like them, walk like them, sing like them :)


However I must confess that I have so many stuff that are not nice at all because of taking after my parents. Inheriting my sinful nature through them, everyday I discover so many junk stuff about myself and I feel so much discouraged thinking if I will ever get someone better. My trust and hope is that I will be completed through my Heavenly Inheritance that came through Jesus Christ..And day by day as I follow Him, I will be changed and I will look like Him, I will be taking after Him more: I will start more talk like Him, walk like Him, think like Him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment